Monday 23 September 2013

Cardrona Interfield Race

All started well with an early alarm, a good breakfast and Dad and I got away early to Cardrona.
It wasn't until I got into the Cardrona Base Building that we realised I'd forgotten my ski boot shells!
Good ole Dad made a quick trip back across the Crown Range to meet Mum for a tag team hand over and then back to Cardrona in time for course inspection, whew....
Racing got underway but wasn't the easiest on wet, slushy spring snow with variable visibility for the first run, the second run was delayed while a well coordinated course slip and salting took place, surprisingly we then raced on a reasonably good surface :)
My performance was average, we're still awaiting official times but I think I placed either 6th or 7th which was a bit disappointing but not as bad as Dad losing the car keys.....
Overall a disastrous day from start to finish!