Sunday 29 September 2013

National Youth Series - Cardrona SL

What An Amazing Day :)
We raced the Final Round of the National Youth Series Slalom Races which also combined as the New Zealand National Title Race at Cardrona on Saturday in tough, spring conditions!
The first course set was quite technical the second course flowed more I thought both suited me and I put in two solid runs.
After two tough runs ( A 2nd & 3rd placing ) I finished 3rd Overall picking up a NYS SL Bronze Medal.
Taking into account my National Slalom Points ( 80 Points after Round One at Coronet Peak ) and with Round Two at Mt Hutt cancelled due to bad weather it all came down to this Last Round at Cardrona!
My overall 3rd place finish gave me another 60 Points therefore I finished the NYS with a combined Slalom Points Total of 140 Points enough to take out the Joint 1st Place U14 Ladies New Zealand National Title with my QAST team mate Alex Hull, no better way to wrap up the season than with a National Title.