Sunday 31 August 2014

New Zealand Youth Series / Round Two / Coronet Peak

A bit late posting this as we travelled to Mt Hutt for Speed Camp and then Round Three of the NZYS Races the day after Round Two finished at Coronet Peak so it's been a full on and pretty hectic two weeks!
Round Two of the NZYS was held at Coronet Peak last weekend, we raced 2 x G.S and 1 x SL race.
Conditions were fine and sunny with hard packed snow on the tricky Out Wide course.
Day One was GS, my first run was OK although conservative, I managed a 4th place and maintained that in my second run to finish 4th overall.
Day Two was GS once again, my first run was rubbish, a total nightmare, I started OK but just couldn't find my groove, I stiffened up and finished 9th, my second run was better but still not great but I managed to claw back a couple of places to finish 7th overall :(
Day Three was my preferred event Slalom, my first run was OK but I wasn't totally on my game picking up a 5th place, my second was solid but not my best. I managed to hold onto 5th place with my QAST team mate Sophie T making podium in 3rd place.
Roll on Round Three at Mt Hutt next weekend...