Sunday 11 August 2013

New Zealand National Youth Series - Round One Coronet Peak

Round One of the New Zealand National Youth Series was held over three days ( Aug 2nd - Aug 4th ) at Coronet Peak.

I raced in both GS and SL events against the best U14 athletes from throughout NZ, Chinese Taipei and South Korea, the conditions we testing to say the least but we all raced well on long, testing GS and SL courses over the three days of competition.

My GS result was an average performance but I ticked off a few goals and felt happy with my overall early season performance picking up a 7th place on Day One and an 11th place on Day Two.

My SL result was a lot better, finishing in 2nd place after two clear runs on a long, tough course that challenged a lot of very good SL skiers.

Overall a great three days of competition, lots of laughs and tons of fun :)