Thursday 15 August 2013

Two Day Speed Camp - Mt Hutt

After a day and a half of Speed / Super G Training in almost perfect conditions on dry, hard packed snow with excellent visibility at Mt Hutt and considering I haven't really trained or raced Super G since my last speed event at SilverStar in Canada ( 4th Place ) back in February, I'm feeling pretty good with where I'm currently at :)
The QAST team trained and worked hard yesterday and again today until lift operations were halted due to near gale force NW winds so we bailed back to Methven for an afternoon of Dry Land Training before Mum and Dad arrived to pick me up.
We relocated for some pre race day home comforts, roast lamb, a soak in a hot bath and a Coronation Street session on the tele at the apartment at Terrace Downs.
Fingers crossed for less wind and clear skies tomorrow allowing the races to get underway.
I'm heading to bed for an early night while my ski man ( Dad ) tunes my race skis for morning :)
More tomorrow....