Sunday 11 August 2013

QAST Junior Academy Training - Coronet Peak

Hi there;
Here's an update on my season thus far - I've been training with the Queenstown Alpine Ski Teams Junior Academy Programme five days a week ( Tues / Wed / Thurs / Sat / Sun ), we train mostly at Coronet Peak but also at times across the valley at The Remarkables.

I train from 8am to 12 Noon during the week then head back to school after lunch and then catch up on my school work in the afternoons while at home, training takes place from 8am to 2:30pm on weekends.

Queenstown Primary School and my teacher are really supportive of my training schedule and I work pretty hard to maintain my grades, staying up to speed with my school work via my laptop and the  QPS internal Ultra-Net System.

Generally the snow has been pretty good for race training and considering the lack of regular snow fall the NZSki Race Dept has done a fantastic job of keeping the snow that we do have in great shape allowing us to train and race as scheduled.

We've had a fairly balanced training schedule so far this season with an even mix of both Slalom and Giant Slalom gates and technical drills and also some speed ( Super G ) work too.
Our Coaching Team is amazing and it's great to be part of a hard working team that's focused on achieving our goals, making podiums and getting results :)